Welcome to my blog! I love taking photos - and I love sharing said photos!
So sit back and enjoy a small glimpse into the life of me! :D

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 9 -- Play time & MIL update

Today... well, today was kind of a bad day. The kids had a rough morning, so instead of heading out before nap time (and just going without) we decided to put them to bed and leave after that. Well, they finally get up and we get ready. We called Tom's mom at the hospital and asked if it was a good time to stop by. OH - yeah, this morning we got word that his mom was moved a couple floors up. That wing is less strict with regards to kids, so we wanted to go and let the kids see Momo (their nickname - pronounced Mah-moe).

So we head to the hospital, in high spirits since we finally got to visit Momo without asking permission from the "warden." We got to the floor and headed down the hall when we heard a loud moan. I really didn't think much of it until Tom told me to take the kids back. That moan was his mom. We headed back and sat down and waited. Tom came back out and told me his mom was having another heart attack - right then!

Tom called his dad to come back to the hospital, and I continued to stay with the kids. There were other people in the waiting room, so I had to try and keep them quieter than normal. After Big Tom (my FIL) got there, Tom (my husband - yeah it can get confusing) came out and tried to take Connor back there just to say... well, one never knows how these things will go. But there were just too many people and machines and craziness, so he didn't even try. Then he told me I could go see her real quick before we left. I headed back there... My stomach was tied in knots as it was - this sort of situation really makes me nervous. Walking into her room, seeing her like that... it scared me, that's for sure. I went over to my FIL and we just kinda held onto each other. He thanked us for calling him (duh, no thanks was ever necessary) and he said he'd call and let us know how things go.

So after that terrifying visit, we left and headed to our friend's house. Getting there, I must say it felt good to just kinda forget everything for a while. One of our friend's Kevin (who just lost his dad) took Tom on a drive so they could talk. I was so happy Kevin was there for him. Tom did his best to be there for Kevin, so I'm glad Tom had that. The kids played till way late. Oh man, we actually didn't pull out of the drive way until 2:30am! NOT something we planned!! But I was proud of my little Liam - he did amazing all the way until the end. And he was asleep before we were at the end of the road.

So my day 9 photo is of Liam. I had hoped it would be a photo of their visit with Momo, but that wasn't going to happen tonight. Instead, it's of Liam playing with a ball toy (the ball goes down and around and then is shot out with an air blower contraption where it repeats the whole thing). Liam LOVES that toy, but I know without a doubt that if we were to get that toy, the novelty would wear off and it would just be another object to trip over that just needs more batteries, lol.

Sorry this was so long. I'm not sure how this will all turn out with my MIL, and either way - I want to ... well, I want to remember it all - both the good and the bad. See you tomorrow! Keep us in your prayers please!

1 comment:

  1. Wow...that is pretty scarey about your MIL. Now you have me in suspense, but I will just have to keep on reading to find out how she did through her surgery.


Related Posts with Thumbnails